There is never a manual for how to raise children. This was something Dominic learned from early on. Born into a biker family, was never part of a grand plan. His father met his mother while on a run in Mexico. She was his Mexican beauty, he was her ticket to a better life, or so she thought. They married after only a few weeks of dating. Edic, Dominic's mother was beautiful, while he only has a few years worth of memories. Jeff, Dominic's father was a hard man, only Edic warmed him. Jeff tried to be a loving husband, but from the day he swore in, he put the club before everything. They needed something, he was the first to answer. Edic didn't understand the club, she cared for the family, because they reminded her of her own family in Mexico, but she did not understand the lifestyle. This lead too many fights between his parents.
Dominic's father never talked about what happened to his mother. Dominic, his brother, and sister made up stories to their friends and other family members because, no one to this day knows exactly what happened to Edic Santos. She was with Jeff on his way to Sturgis, but by the time he got there she was nowhere to be found. Rumors circulated that she ran away when he pulled off to get something to eat. Another rumor was that Jeff killed her in the dessert because he couldn't take the fighting anymore. Jeff never told the boys what happened. He went about his life. He never remarried, but did have a long-time girlfriend, Annie, that stayed with him until the day he died. Annie was a very sweet woman, who tried to befriend Dominic and his siblings, instead of parent them.
Annie showed Dominic and his siblings what life was really like. She was a sweet-butt with the club so she exposed the boys to their father's life. Not that Jeff hid it, he just didn't present it to them as a fairytale lifestyle. Dominic craved what his father had. He idolized his father, no matter what his father did. Annie was the person that gave Dominic enough of a picture of the life to keep his idolism very much alive.
Dominic finished high school and immediately became a prospect. He gave his everything to the club. While his brother went off to college Dominic fixed up one of Jeff's old broken down bikes into a bike of his own. While Jeff never endorsed his son, there was a sense of pride that he had his boy with him. While on his road to become a patch he eventually met the sweetest, kindest, most unbelievably gorgeous woman in his life, Evangelina. Prospecting had it tolls, he didn't want his dad's status to effect him negatively or positively. He did however. want to make his father proud. It meant a lot that his father was allowed to hand him his patch when he finally finished prospecting.
Since he idolized his father so much, a lot of his personality came straight from his fathers. When he first met Evie he was conflicted with how or ever what to say to her, for a while he just stared and quietly smiled at her. Jeff encouraged his son to talk and get to know her. Jeff knew her father Tyler, another member of the club, and knew that the two were a good match. In a way Jeff envied his son, because he realized that Dom wouldn't have to hide so much of his life from Eve like he had too from Edic. Time passed and Dom eventually started to talk to Evie. He wanted to sweep her off her feet, but being a new patch was demanding. He always felt a little guilty that he wasn't able to give her a regular dating life at first. They had a hell of a time, but it was far from regular. They dated for three years before Dom finally listened to Jeff and asked her to marry him. Jeff was never more proud of Dominic more in his life, except for the day Dom was patched in. Jeff died tragically in an accident, the day Dom and Evie went on their honeymoon, in Mexico. His brother called their hotel and something died in Dom that night too. He lost his best friend, confidant, hero, everything. He never would admit it, but a part of him felt as if he wouldn't have gotten married, his father would have never died. That symbolically he had replaced his father with his wife and there for, deemed his father's place in his life extinct.
Even though his father was a good for nothing scoundrel, he did make proper investments throughout his shortened life to protect his sons. After he died, the state deemed their mother also dead as she'd been missing for over 10 years at that point, leaving the sons sole inheritors. It wasn't much, nothing close to millions, but enough for Dom to buy a gun shop. He wanted to make Evie proud, he wanted to have it all. He was proud of his club and now proud of his business. His brother went back to school and has yet to come around. Dom hasn't spoken or even heard from him in 10 years. His sister has been in and out of Rehab and he sees her from time to time around Midland, only reaching out to him for money.
Times grew on Dom, after the last long winter run he came home to empitiness. Everyone was there, but it didn't feel the same. He suffered a hearattack not too long from coming home and layed low just doing what he had to, to get back into a healthy state. Evie asked him at that time to seperate. He agreed, it wasn't rocket science to figure out that what they had was just two people raising four kids. He stayed in the house and bought her another house across town. While they aren't officially divorced they are living two seperate lives with their children in the middle.
• Dom is very quiet. He is the epitomy of the eye talker. He speaks when he needs to, but far from the first to start a conversation. Besides his dad, annie, and his brother, his wife has been the only person for him to not be the wallflower type.
• Even though he owns a gunstore, he is quite the accomplished ametuer mechanic. He only trusts himself or the mechanics of the club to work on his bike. His father was a mechanic when he wasn't doing runs for the club so he learned a lot from his fahter. This is something that he enjoys to do aswell when he needs an escape from the world.
• Dom still communicates with Annie, even though she never married his father he still introduces her as his step mother. Evie is far from welcoming, call it insticts, but nothing can make Evie got from 0 to 100 than for Dom to mention Annie or to invite her to a family function, even though Annie is still involved with the club.
• Dom loves being a father. Though it is hard on them from time to time with now four, and parenting as a single co-parent.
• Many people do not know that he and his siblings are 1/2 mexican unless they knew of their mother, Edic. Not even Edic's family knows that they exist, although Jeff did take them to her old villiage and pointed out random family members from her family once.
• When He and Evie fought, he will usually stayed at the Gun Store, not many people know that he has a cot in his office, nor did they realize that he slept there on occasion, or at least that is what he thinks.
His pride and joy.